Ahhh, the Sunshine State. Florida is the ultimate family vacation spot and our contributors are lucky enough to have the inside scoop on the top Family-Friendly Florida Resorts. Because a bunch of them live in Florida, and have families. Lucky you, you get the benefit of all that knowledge!
As the weather begins to change across the Northern Hemisphere and schools empty their bellies of children on holiday, our thoughts turn to flip flops, bikinis and vacations. What family history would be complete without a trip (annual, bi-annual, once-a-decade or once-in-a-lifetime) to the vacation mecca of Florida? But don’t be fooled, your trip need not be limited to the theme parks and sketchy beach no-tels (although some of those theme park hotels are ah-mazing and make it totally worth your while). Our contributors are pleased to present you with our Top 11 Best Florida Hotels and Resorts for families:
- The Breakers, Palm Beach. Make no mistake, this iconic and luxurious resort is heaven on earth for adults and children alike.
- The Resort at Longboat Key Club. Nestled on the shore of the Gulf of Mexico near Sarasota, this lovely resort has a residential feel and plenty of activities to keep the kids busy while you relax.
- The Ritz-Carlton Beach Resort, Naples. Unparalleled service with perhaps the best kid’s activities we’ve ever seen.
- The Ritz-Carlton, Orlando Grande Lakes. A respite away from the mayhem of the theme parks, this resort is so amazing that your kids might never want to leave, even with the draw of the Big Mouse being so close.
- Disney’s Yacht Club and Beach Club Resorts. Sister luxury resorts on Disney property (hello, complimentary transportation, extra hours in the theme parks and 24/7 Disney magic), these gems share a giant sand-bottom pool that is so good, your kids will actually remember to say thank you for bringing them there.
- The Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort. Want to “rough it” and still have air conditioning, indoor plumbing and wifi? Take your family here to combine a Disney vacation and some fun and low-key family-style camping with all the comforts of home, but even better because there is daily housekeeping service.
- Lago Mar Resort and Club. Old-school Florida resort (shuffleboard and a mini golf course!) with a gigantic private beach tucked away in a Fort Lauderdale residential neighborhood.
- Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando. Be able to maintain your cool, pre-kid self while tackling Harry Potter and The Hulk.
- Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando. Walking distance to Universal City Walk and a short boat ride away from the Universal Orlando theme parks with Express Passes for the attractions make this a great option for families of all ages.
- Floridays Resort Orlando. All-suite, pet-friendly accommodations equidistant from Disney and Universal with plenty of space for families to retreat to their separate corners at the end of a long day.
- La Playa Beach & Golf Resort: Quiet and comfortable with a massive beach great for swimming and shelling, this resort feels less like a hotel and more like your friend’s beautiful and comfortable beach house.
There are lots of great options at every price level all over the strange and wonderful state of Florida. Pick out any one of the recommended Family-Friendly Florida Resorts and you can’t go wrong. Tell them we sent you.